Lady Gaga on Why Rumors That She Is a Man Are Never Corrected: 'That Lie Didn't Feel Like a Victim to Me'

0

Lady Gaga is disclosing the reasons behind her silence about claims made early in her career that she was a man.

Lady Gaga Arturo Holmes/Getty Images

In a 2011 interview with CNN, the singer-actress famously cut off a question regarding the rumor by asking, "Why the hell am I going to waste my time and give a press release about whether or not I have a penis? Both my fans and I don't give a damn.

Years later, in an interview with Netflix's What's Next?, she opened up about having to constantly sort through false information that keeps circulating about her online. The Bill Gates-led future.

In the second episode, Lady Gaga said to Bill Gates, "There was a rumor that I was a man when I was in my early 20s." "I traveled the entire globe. There were rumors that I was a man in almost every interview I did while traveling for tours and record promotion. This was because of doctored imagery on the Internet. What are your thoughts on that?

"I didn't feel like a victim with that lie and I thought: What about a kid who is being accused of that who would think that a public figure like me would feel shame?" the Joker: Folie à Deux actress said she never responded to the questions.

She went on, "I've been in situations where it wasn't best for other people's wellbeing to fix a rumor. In that instance, I made an effort to be provocative and disruptive in a different way. I attempted to make another disruptive point by using the false information.

"Since I was twenty years old, I've been used to lies being printed about me," Lady Gaga continued. I'm an entertainer. It seems kind of funny to me.

Early in her musical career, the Grammy-winning singer was a major force to be reckoned with, not afraid to take chances and challenge the status quo.

Later, she relocated to Hollywood, where she won an award for her acting performance in the 2018 film A Star Is Born. Lady Gaga is currently starring in a new film.

Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)
To Top